If you have any questions, please email me at:
Or phone me at
1-709-956-2872 (May 15 to Oct 15) or
How to Find Us
Rose Blanche (47°37′N 58°43′W) is about 45 km along Route 470 from Port aux Basques, which is the primary entry point, via a 6-hour ferry, onto the island of Newfoundland. Marine Atlantic (www.marine-atlantic.ca) provides year-round vehicle and passenger ferry service to the island from North Sydney, Nova Scotia.
Pick-up at the Port aux Basques ferry terminal can be arranged at minimal cost. Please ask for further details.
Deer Lake Regional Airport is a three-hour drive to Rose Blanche along the Trans-Canada Highway to Port aux Basques and then along Route 470. The airport is served by WestJet (flights from mid-May to November from Toronto), Air Canada (Toronto, Halifax, St. John’s) and Provincial Airlines (Montreal, St. John’s, Goose Bay, Wabush, Sept. Iles and Montreal).
Car rentals can be arranged through Deer Lake Regional Airport car rentals and picked up at Marine Atlantic in Port Aux Basque,
There is no public transportation service to Rose Blanche. Gateway Taxis in Port aux Basques will go to Rose Blanche (709-695-3333).
To RoseSea Guest House and Madolyn’s Studio
- Route 470 turns into Rose Blanche’s Main Street: it’s unmissable.
- Drive along the road, going past the town hall and the post office, both on your right.
- At the fork in the road, go left at the Anglican church, St Michael and All Angels.
- Drive down the hill called School House Road until the first road; turn 90 degrees to the left.
- Keep very carefully curving round the harbour until you come to T and T Variety.
- The SouthWest Coast Centre is kitty-corner across the street.
“Great hospitality, cozy and good food. If you have never been here you do not know what you are missing. Good short hiking opportunities and interesting Newfoundlanders.”